Monday 24 November 2008

Christmas, Costumes and Challenges

Glad to see that some feel this could work - now I suppose I have to keep writing! Up and coming are the PTFA Christmas extravaganza which you can sign up to help or simply encourage all to come along to. There is also the Christmas Show. Outfit crises may be resolved here. Bridget Thomas needs black coat tails for Samuel's outfit - any offers?!

Then there is my idea for the dark post Christmas months. I was thinking of a team challenge for all age groups which combined some team building exercises with general knowledge and team tasks. I thought it would operate on a carousel basis where you accumulated points depending on levels of success. I had hoped some older children in the community (I'm thinking wider parish not just Coads Green) would be willing to help run it. It would be a great skills building opportunity for them! The basic idea is to have a fun get-together but we could raise a bit of money to spend on a specific item for school (Claire may have something good in mind)

Opinions?

Sarah

4 comments:

Hats said...

Hi Sarah

This was a great idea of yours but I fear that perhaps the number of parents that actually use the internet is not as high as we may presume. I sit at my computer for abot five hours a day so I suppose I assume that the rest of the world does the same! Lucky those who do not.
I keep looking for new comments and wondering if there is any one out there.
Sorry that the guitar lessons didn't come to anything. I thought I'd start Hattie on the piano and then try guitar next year. Rachel P. has given me a very good book to start with.

LindaR said...

Well done!
Excellent idea - have a great Christmas everyone!
Linda R

Sarah Olsson said...

Happy Christmas all!

TracyD said...

Well i will be starting a new club after Christmas.
A "CHILL OUT" club for adults and/or children, maybe together havent decided yet.
I will be doing a presentation of my idea to the parents/adults first then will see how it goes from there.
The basis of the club will be to learn relaxation techniques and simple meditation.
Something i have been studying for 18 months now and am passionate about.
Most of will not know but my oldest daughter has recently been diagnosed with a "Learning Dissability" and Autistic tendencies. These relaxation/meditation techniques are having amazin positive results in helping her cope with a difficult time at the moment.
So watch this space for more info....