Thursday 20 November 2008

Communicating!

Hello all

This is a bit of a trial - I thought it would be good to have a place where we could share ideas and hatch plans. This space should provide us all with the opportunity to air views (of a positive kind please) that could lead to better opportunities for our kids at school and within the community. Sometimes I feel like with mad picking up and dropping off times we never get a chance to talk or share ideas we have. Furthermore not everyone can or wants to come along to the more formal meetings whether PTFA or School led.

This then is my answer. Kids have gone to bed and you have 10 minutes spare. Log on and see what people are talking about!

Hope this works...

Sarah Olsson

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sarah,
it's great the see a good idea in practice. By the time the school website is up and running, the forum will be well and truly tried and tested and it would be the perfect place for it.
I'm like you, rushing around like mad, never much time to stop and chat and if do, I always forget to mention that great idea or question. So for me and my lifestyle, this is the perfect way to share ideas when I have them and hopefully get some feedback when I next log on.
A comment on the electronic newsletter. The big thing is that I know where it is, not always true about the paper copy at home! I can look at it at my leisure for dates and events and the school website will be the ideal place for it.
Good luck with this Sarah.

Suzanne Long

Hats said...

Great idea Sarah, I'm always in favour of anything electronic since I spend most of my life stuck at a computer and paper gets lost in our house!
I think this could be very useful.
Kate Loe

melb said...

Just echoing Kate and Suzanne's views - this looks like being a great opportunity to communicate, especially for those of us glued to the computer!

Hats said...

Not connected but I'm just back from my first Art club meeting in the hall and it was so relaxing just studying how light and shadows work. I recommend it, if any one wants details please ask. I can't draw but I'm giving it a go. Water colour next week.
Kate

Hats said...

Just wondered if there was perhaps a market for good second hand uniform. I've got a Catapillar fleece etc. Could we just advertise through this forum?

LindaR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LindaR said...

Well done!
Excellent idea, I'll just have to remember to spell everything correctly!! Hence the previous deleted comment, - have a great Christmas everyone.
Linda R

Anonymous said...

I agree FAAAAAAAAAAB idea, i spend a lot of time "online" so its great for me too.
Well done......